Therapy for Children and Teens in Metro Detroit
There are many reasons that children and teens may wish to visit with a therapist. This is a time of great emotional and physical change that can be an exceedingly difficult
Our therapists can help with academic or behavioral problems at school, age-inappropriate behavior, withdrawal from family, friends or activities, changes in eating or sleeping habits, poor body image, low self-esteem, lying, rule-breaking, consuming alcohol or drugs, and suicidal thoughts.
Our clinicians will work to build trust and a healthy rapport to talk through life’s difficulties and make your child or teen feel comfortable to share their emotions in a safe space. Sessions will focus on exploring emotions, learning healthy coping skills, dealing with conflict, cultivating a positive self-image, and building healthy relationships.
- Enough As She is by Rachel Simmons
- What to Do When Your Temper Flares by Dawn Hubner, PhD
- Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child by John Gottman, PhD
- Positive Discipline by Jane Nelson, Ed.D
- Taking Charge of ADHD by Russell A. Barkley, PhD.